Wednesday, August 4, 2010

100 degrees +practice = Winners

100 degrees pre practice pep talk

heading to the shadeless 100 degree field

suiting up like a true warrior in a sauna




Alex did not gripe or complain one time today prior to arriving at practice...and today of all days he should have. It was 100 degrees with high humidity..unbearable.

He suited up , trucked onto the field and suffered through it....even though I had to leave early for another commitment he hung in there.

I spoke with him later and got the details....The coach was proud of all the boys.

As a side note...one of the players who had previously quit ..RETURNED.

that's what I said he RETURNED ON THE HOTTEST DAY OF THE YEAR!

Apparently the peer pressure got to him plus he wanted to be on a winning team.



between you and I think his parents badgered him back ...who cares he's at least 100lbs and we need the beef.

One more practice until our first preseason game at Paul Brown Stadium
I guarantee you our competitors are not practicing today

Im kind of getting nervous.....sick ole grampa
hey did I mention
"it was friggin 100 degrees!"




No comments: