Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday Practice..

Alex stayed awake today on the way to practice......We were early so he got to catch passes and loosen up some.
Practice went as usual..however they ran alot at the end..so much that Alex simply stopped.....that's right he just stopped Out of 26 boys out there Alex stops ..dead tired, crying, hurting , bending over...the coach runs out and starts urging him on YOU CAN DO IT ! YOU CAN DO IT ALEX DON'T QUIT...so what did Alex do?...........................................................................................................he did it he ran it out.

After practice I say "what was that YOU cant just quit." he replies "Grandpa I was tired and my feet would not move anymore I was out of breath" so I simply said " So how could u finish if u were out of breath?" He says "I dont know"
I reply "Exactly...never let your mind tell you something that u cant do u can do anything and u just proved it"
No UDF tonite.. We met Terri and KK at Skyline for chili and coneys"Kids eat free plus KK wanted to show Alex off to some Skyline employees she knew.

He was beat but still wanted to come to my house for a root beer float..I said "maybe tomorrow grandpa is tired.. Ive been with you for over 6 hrs"

No comments: