Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday Practice after the 1st win

The coaches worked the boys hard today.
They hit a lot, tackle a lot and ran a ton. The coaches said even tho we won Sunday we let down in the last 1/2 of the game so we need more conditioning..We are not the biggest team so we must simply outlast our opponents. Our next game is a BIG ONE!
back to practice...
During the last set of sprints Alex simply quit...he just stopped running ,fell to his knees, and started whinning....I was so shocked I was speechless...I still cant believe he just quit...He just quit...the coach came along and said lets go Burton Get up and finish you can do it...so he slowly rose and finished the sprint..Then guess what......They all had to run again..yep even little crying Alex...this time he ran the whole way , did not quit, did not cry and finished approx in the middle of the pack. After practice a parent brought some home made cookies...he was the first to get them and he had to run to them...
On the way to the car I simply said "Dont even say a word..."NO UDF , NO ICE CREAM"

"but grandpa I was tired" ...silence..."why cant we get some ice cream"...silence...."other boys were crying out there also"....I broke my silence " The other boys did not quit.... you did"

By this time we arrived home and I congratulated him on some decent hits but I also said if u quit running again Im leaving you there!
He replied sheepesly..."ok"

Tuesday's another day....

holla

No comments: