Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Monday's practice

Once again on our way to practice and Alex falls asleep...primarily because he doesn't want to go...he would much rather stay and play with his buddies at my house. perfect time for me to have teaching lesson I tell him " Alex the reason why u get tired like this before every practice is because u really don't wanna go and your mind is stressing over it because to you its work..same thing happens to grown ups before they go to work this is why its very important when u grow up to do a job that u like this way you will look forward to working and it wont be stressful..so its very important in school to try a figure out what u like even at your age because one day you may be able to do what you like and even make money doing it. ( like most teachers like to teach, most firemen like to fight fires most doctors like to fix people most mechanics like to work on cars.. I like to sale sportswear. get my point?' He replies " I would rather stay a kid?'
I respond " Good answer stay a kid as long as u can".
Then out of the blue he says "Grandpa u are kinda like my dad" I had to think for a minute and replied " yes I am cause Im your dad's dad I use to tell him all this same stuff when he was your age" that was that.
By this time we are walking into practice , we notice other boys just laying around in their car and looking tired...I say " look Alex see none of the kids wanna practice you aren't the only one" he smiled I think it hit home...

Practice was un eventful except Grandma Terri and KK showed up to watch him. he waved at them from on the field. Alex and 5 other boys had to stay over and do some extra drills for not paying attention in practice.
practice ended and we raced to UDF for ice cream.
Another memory made.

He was happy to see Terri and KK ..

No comments: