Wednesday, September 15, 2010

19 compared to 57

I was only at Practice tonite for a short time
Weds nights I have other engagements
Bible Study
I was there primarily to distribute more of the Team 4 tees
and peek in on Alex briefly
As I drove into the lot there were 3 moms there waiting patiently
for the tee shirts
It was a pleasing sight to see
enthusiastic parents supporting this final year of Team 4 football
Practically all of the shirts are gone
so I decided to pop into the practice field to see the little man..

surprise

no
Alex
again

can u beleive it?
I could not stay so I left for Bible Study
On the way I called his phone
He answered
the conversation went south from that point
not worth repeating
a 11yr old's logic
simply mind blowing
I gathered my composure just in time to walk into Bible study


"and boy did I need it"


If at 19 I thought parenting was challenging

at 57 grandparenting can be
really
really
really
tuff!
to be continued!

No comments: