Sunday, October 11, 2009

First Playoff game against Milford 11

We ran into an tough Milford 11 team for this Playoff game. It also did not help that we were not able to really practice all week due to rain, extremely muddy fields, and an amazing number of sick boys ...even Alex had a slight sore throat and he never gets sick......another bad omen as we were arriving to this game another Tomahawk team was leaving in defeat Team 5 had just lost to Milford 12.... 6-0 ......Alex new a lot of the team 5 players and they were very bummed and sad..

I know if it seems like I'm stalling to give you guys the details...you are correct I am stalling..as I said we ran into a tough Milford 11 team that had no intentions of laying down and allowing us to work our Team 4 power over them...Oh did I also mention our #1 linebacker was out sick and another one of our great defensive starters was away playing hockey
Our game started late because all the games were running late that day...so we had to end up playing under the lights.

OK OK...relax we scored first, but missed the extra points...very eerie we never miss extra points...then Milford scored but they made their extra points.....then we scored again...missed extra points again...ouch...Then Milford ran a long play almost scored again....what just happened...oh I forgot we were missing our star linebacker. Our backs were against the wall for the first time this entire year....Milford fans were cheering like crazy...and we were silent...

Then I started a chant D....FENSE.......D...FENSE.....D...FENCE and before you knew it we were all yelling it so our sons and grandsons could hear....D FENCE D FENCE.

Our boys stepped up to the plate a stopped Milfords drive.
1/2 time score Tomahawks 12 - Milford 7

I was noticeably nervous...could not stand still and I was not alone.

Milford was cocky.

I pulled one of our parents aside and said "don't sweat it we got this game" she said "I hope you are right"

I was I'm grandpa Jay...Final score

29 - 14

"We just revenged the lost of our brother team 5 take that Milford...and don't forget

"This is OUR HOUSE"

Alex and all the players even got to play in the last qtr...our whole team rejoiced afterwards at BW 3s

We 're still alive.... Playoff game #1 is over now next week we are gonna play our nemesis Team 2
(if they advance which they should)
Team 2 beat us last year in the Super Bowl our only lost in 2 straight years....and boy do we have a grudge.....stay tuned people its gonna get ugly

NO TIME FOR PICS SO DEAL WITH IT!

holla

No comments: