Sunday, October 4, 2009

Divison Champions 2nd year in a row

We did it We did it again...undefeated season. We beat Anderson 41 -20. It was Alex's best game of his youth football career...He scored the extra points by running an off tackle play plus ....on defense he intercepted a long pass stopping Andersons last drive down the field.

He did all this while having a bad sore throat( I found this out when I picked him up on the way to the big game....i gave him a halls cough drop and told him "once the game starts you wont even notice the sore throat")

He also had a great family turn out...Terri, kK, Stephanie, Grandma Doris, payton and his other aunt from North Carolina....and Grandpa Jay off course!

After the victory the team all met at "The Back Porch Saloon" for fun . food, and frolic...It was a really nice way to end his 2nd full season of football

I forgot to mention that a few games back Alex told me that he would score before the season was over....I really never thought it would happen Just goes to show you contrary to what I always say" Grandpa's Don't know everything"

Now the playoffs start ....let the fun begin... I will keep you posted

Pics to follow...I hope

Granpa J

No comments: