Sunday, February 20, 2011

The winning streak ends...

Well we knew it had to happen sooner or later....Our luck finally ran out. We lost Saturday 35 - 24. The game was pretty lopsided. The score makes it appear closer than it really was. The team that beat us was actually 5th graders and our guys are 6th graders. Alex and the guys played pretty much as they always do .....no great improvements...lots of bad passes...lots of nervousness and tentativeness....Its really really hard for a team to get better only practicing one day per week. Bottom line...It keeps Alex active and busy on Monday evenings and Sat morning...and he gradually is gaining more confidence on the court,. Its a slow process but I do see improvement.
One more game and then its playoffs. Our record todate is 3 wins- 6 losses
I did not forget my camera this time....I intentionally left it at home. I had a funny feeling it was going to be an ugly game.

Boy was I right!

Keep your fingers crossed ...Lacrosse has begun and maybe Alex will get back involved..As Ive always said Lacrosse is his best sport.

No comments: