Thursday, March 25, 2010

Alex ........practice.........philosophy......Life

Alex decided that he did not want to go to Lax practice because it was rainy and cold.....He just wants to wait and play in the game ....( after explaining to him the whole teamwork and practice philosophy) I decided that if he wasn't going to practice I wasn't taking him to any games or any more practices if and when he does change his mind....DONE!
The next day I told his mom that she needed to return his Lax jersey to the coach so that another kid could use it...she proceeded to tell me that Alex did not want to quit he just did not want to practice that particular day whats the big deal..... again I started to explain the whole philosophy and then I thought why bother....DONE
I simply said ..Its on your shoulders now Mom...good luck

1 comment:

mel B. said...

Absolutely correct. You probably even told him about a similar scenario with Allen Iverson... and that even at that level, the principles and philosophy behind it still ring true.

No one...absolutely no one is above showing they're a team player. If he doesn't want to play on a team... pick up a tennis racket.