Thursday, February 25, 2010

Alex Alex Alex

Monday nite Alex had Lacrosse at 5PM -6PM and basketball from 8PM -9;30 PM
As always I arrived to pick him up 10min early.....He is dressed and ready to go in his Lacrosse gear plus he has his basketball gear in his arms...as he gets to the car
I say

"Where's your Lacrosse helmet?"
He looks puzzled , goes to look in his moms car no helmet, runs back into the garage/house returning minutes later gets in my car still no helmet

"grandpa I must have left it at the Lacrosse game last week when mom took me"

I simply said

" get out of the car ,Im not taking you to anymore lacrosse practices until you or your mom find that $75 helmet"

As I was leaving he says "what about basketball practice?"

I replied I will be back at 8!

At some point he must become more responsible..at some point!

2 comments:

Killogram said...

Did he find the helmet?

mel B. said...

...there comes a time when we all need to have that light bulb come on for ourselves without having someone else flip the switch for us.

Better he learn it now than later.