Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tomahawk spaghetti dinner nite at Lakota East

Friday 4:30 PM Alex and I are on our way to Lakota East high for a spaghetti dinner and watch the high school game.
I was starving had not eaten all day and Alex was just home from school and also pretty hungry.
It had the making of a long long friday nite mainly because it had rained all day ...very gloomy.
I was bundled up like an old eskimo and when I picked up Alex he was wearing a football jersey and shorts...I said no way go change...he said "I ll be OK really"
When we arrived the Lakota East dinner all of the adults were bundled...but all of the kids were in shorts...so I just let it be. After the dinner we trucked over to the field to meet all the other players and the other Tomahawk teams...it was an amazing turn out of kids...The boys got in the game for free and also got to be on the field as the high school team ran out. We did the same thing last year so I knew the drill.
First let me say Alex and his friends did not watch any of the game they spent the entire first half running around flirting with girls...so at half time I said "lets go time to head out"
The game was awful anyway ...We left and headed to Chipoltle to eat AGAIN thats right remember we had already eaten spaghetti...next I took him home and headed home myself I reminded Alex that I would be getting him Sat at 7;45AM for practice yep Sat practice because we have another important league game Sunday...against Loveland .....does it never end!

I keep a positive attitude by telling myself "Im building memories"

No comments: