Monday, December 20, 2010

Grandpa's Christmas gift logic....


I had to share this story for this Christmas season. Alex has been hinting ,begging and eluding to what he wants for Xmas ...this is a normal 11 yr old kid's manipulating request...EXCEPT He has no clue on who he is trying to manipulate ........somewhere along the line hes' got it twisted!

yathink!


Alex:"Grandpa all I want for Christmas is an IPOD TOUCH it only cost $200 ,me and mom looked it up online...that's all I really want"

Me:Oh is that all....well( without missing a beat I say )hey isn't math your favorite subject?"

Alex:yep I'm good at math"

Me:can an IPOD touch be helpful with math"

Alex:I think so it can do almost anything online , music, pictures, games"

Me: OK I have a math equation for you ...grab that pen and paper and add these numbers"

" it cost me $10 per trip every time I take u to and from practice including a fast food snack multiply that times an average 5 days /week equals how much per month?"

Alex: $200 per month

Me: what about per year?

Alex: $2400 per year

Me: how many years have we been involved in sports?

Alex: 3 yrs ( Football, Basketball Lacrosse and wrestling

Me: whats that total up to?

Alex:$7200 for 3 years

Me: that does not include the cost of the sport which can be about $500 per year ..... that's just driving back and forth and snacks...

I could continue but I felt myself starting to lecture so I simply say..."that's equal to about 36 IPOD TOUCHES and you dont even have to thank me"


( Alex did not say one word!)


Parents, grandparents feel free to use my story at anytime.






No comments: