Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tomahawks 34 Indian Hill 6 WE WON!! AGAIN

This was an amazing victory..Plus it was a Divisional game It really counts.....
Our first string Black Team scored 3 TDs in the first qtr...then in comes our 2nd string Red Team Alex's team...We do a great job on defense and controlling the ball...Alex plays both offense and defense.

On defense he plays corner back first time ever...I was a tad nervous because corner is a tuff position...not only do u have to guard their ends in case of a long pass but you also have to be willing to prevent against run plays...My worries as a grandpa were put to rest when Alex was forced to tackle their QB Alone as he was on a run around the end...Alex came up ...broke down and prepared for an enormous collision...end result The QB was tackled for minimum yds...I went crazy( did I mention I happened to be on the field working the chains) Everyone was amazed at the hit/tackle....even Alex I think...The game continued in that fashion he had about 5 carries as a running back ..totalling about 8-10 yds..I think his last run he fumbled but he claims he was already down..At that point I didn't care because he had played an amazing game as the whole team did...Im sure I will have pics to follow but for right now Im savoring a great victory. Other notable points of interest from some not so common players
1. Stephen scored a TD on a Pass from Vanweelden
2 Dorff scored a TD on a pass
3. Conde grabbed an Interception

Afterwards we all trucked to Willies for the usual celebration festivities

holla

No comments: