Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First Practice

Alex made it through his first conditioning football practice.....barely....he was so tired he could barely stand......they ran laps did sprints,did stretching, did push ups ,did sit ups, ran football drills, had a 1 minute water break...repeated everything again, had another 1 minute break, split up into groups did it all again.....and they did all this wearing helmets , tees and shorts no shoulder pads this fist day.
they wear not allowed to take helmets off the entire practice...practice was 6 - 8:15PM....it was about 75 degrees..not too hot with a breeze ...KK showed up the last 1/2 hr....she could not believe how tired he was...he wanted me to carry him to the car...he said he wanted to throw up...and did not want to go back on Tuesday...but I talked to him all the way home...stopping at UDF for a chocolate malt...and calling jace...so by the time he got home he was OK and willing to continue. But he was beat. He said it was very very hard.
 
 
I simply told him that we were all proud and that he was the youngest BURTON ever to play football..I think that worked ( plus I said I barfed and cried my first day of practice.)
 
I also said it gets easier each day....they practice 4 days per week for a solid month and 3 days during school.
 
I am really proud that he made it through. 
 
Day 2 coming up!  keep u posted

No comments: